The 5 Essentials of Kindergarten Education for Nurturing Motor and Cognitive Skills
The establishment where children below the age of conventionally compulsory education learn and play is known as kindergarten or KG. It is basically the transition stage between preschool and elementary education set up. An impactful early education exposure makes such transitions smooth and hassle-free.
Kindergarten Bedok schools offer all-embracing formal and vocational education and hands-on exposures which makes the child grow and develop both in terms of the motor as well as cognitive skills. Adorned with trained and experienced teachers; kindergarten setups are the best places to learn and prepare for forthcoming days of conventional education.
To make the learning foundation strong and fruitful, nothing can be better than Kindergarten Bedok schools in Singapore. The concepts are handled through play-mode methodologies for best learning and retention. The curriculum design of the kindergarten learning program encompasses all facets of academics, behavioural and motor skills.
The children are taught about basic and elementary concepts of English, maths, science, environmental studies, communities, social norms, etiquette, colours, shapes, numbers and animal and birds. The kids are exposed to concepts of phonetics, numbers and their forms, people around them, shapes and colours in the surrounding, vegetables, fruits, animals, flowers, and insects.
The kindergarten method of learning and teaching prepares children for structures and formal education that takes place in conventional school. The most renowned Montessori method permits children to ask and clear doubts and monitors and run their individual educational course.
The six most important aspects of kindergarten education are as follows.
- Kindergarten helps in the holistic development and nurture of the child. From motor and cognitive skills to social gestures, behavioural skills, and peer interaction skills; everything is cultivated here.
- Kindergarten students enhance their reading and writing skills in this stage. Though they are exposed to the world of alphabets and phonics at the pre-nursery level, writing grip, cursive writing and reading skills are strengthened at this level.
- They will work on the betterment of fine motor skills as they learn to transcribe the alphabet in capital and cursive ways. Number literacy is in full form in KG.
- Kindergarten prepares the child and makes the transition phase into elementary school, smooth and seamless. Preschool benefits broadly include an unswerving structure and routine and a thorough focus on early education and learning. Most of such programs also make the children learn and acquire formative knowledge about language, social, emotional and cognitive skills.
- Kindergarten approaches of teaching use various kinds of instructional designs to facilitate the children to learn and comprehend at their own pace while in a social and cooperative environment.
- Kindergarten emphasizes on group learning. Kindergarten approaches of teaching can also comprise of small group instruction in which children are separated into groups of two or more to work in coordination and in sync with each other on a project. Small group learning is imperative for endorsing a child’s social and cognitive skills. It also teaches a child to learn peer communication and socialization and peace at work concept.